Fleet management software (FMS) is computer software that enables people to accomplish a series of specific tasks in the management of any or all aspects relating to a fleet of vehicles operated by a company, government, or other organisation. These specific tasks encompass all operations from vehicle acquisition through maintenance to disposal.
The main function of fleet management software is to gather, store, process, monitor, report on and export information. Information can be imported from external sources such as gas pump processors, territorial authorities for managing vehicle registration (for example DVLA and VOSA), financial institutions, insurance databases, vehicle specification databases, mapping systems and from internal sources such as Human Resources and Finance.
Fleet management software should be able to manage processes, tasks and events related to all kinds of vehicles – car, trucks, earth-moving machinery, buses, forklift trucks, trailers and specialist equipment, including:
- Vehicle inventory – the number and type of vehicles
- Vehicle maintenance – specific routine maintenance and scheduled maintenance, and ad hoc requirements
- Licensing, registration, MOT and tax
- Vehicle insurance including due dates and restrictions
- Cost management and analysis
- Driver license management, including special provisions
- Logging of penalty points and infringements against a licence
- Booking system for pool vehicles
- Route planning
- Logbooks and work time
The PIMM™ Fleet Solutions provide our customers with a full suite of tools to manage all aspects of fleet operations.
To learn more about PIMM™ Fleet Solutions please call today 858-457-8160 or visit us at www.procuro.com !