No two fleets are the same, so telematics solutions should be just as unique.
Before deciding on a trailer tracking solutions, fleet managers should thoroughly assess their areas of need and consider which option can best optimize their fleet’s performance. The best solution will be tailored to their specific concerns, able to seamlessly integrate into their operation and offer both ease of installation and ease of use.
So what are some things fleet should consider when choosing a telematics provider?
Make sure your fleet is thinking about data ownership – take a look at the software term s of service to learn who owned the data gathered from the solutions.
Whether you own the data or not, make sure that you’re able to do what you need to do with it. If you have a service provider that isn’t open to working with other partied to accomplish your goals, you might want to think about pulling your data and finding another partner.
Other points to consider are the longevity/reliability of the provider; what services are offered; if it’s a cloud- or app-based; and how the system is mounted to the trailer.
A great telematics solution provides more than just the location of the assets or raw data points. Instead, it can provide the right tools and insights to drive efficiency and profitability. Critical data points should be captured and packaged in reporting and alerting tools that help drive use cases around utilization, asset health management, detention, etc.
The PIMM™ Fleet Solutions provide our customers with a full suite of tools to manage all aspects of fleet operations:
- Asset Management – The PIMM™ Asset Management System (PIMM™ AMS) provides the fleet manager with a complete record of each vehicle
- Asset Tracking – The system lets you know where your vehicle is at all times but more importantly it tells you “WHY” it is there. We also provide utilization analysis on each vehicle in the fleet so you can properly manage resources and lower your operating costs.
- PIMM™ has a built-in Dispatch system that allows for the assignment of all required resources including but not limited to the Driver, Tractor, Trailer, Route, etc.
- The PIMM™ Driver Management System (PIMM™ DMS) keeps track of the drivers’ certifications and qualifications.
- The PIMM™ Real-Time Trailer Management (PIMM™ RTM) system is a real-time telematics solution for trailer monitoring and management.The system monitors temperature, door state, reefer status and route progression.It’s not enough to know where your trailer is or what the current temperature may be – that is track n’ trace.
- The PIMM™ Route Management System (PIMM™ RMS) is operationally relevant – providing real route management. The system provides context to the data being collected – What is the route progression of the trailer? What is the temperature at each delivery stop? Were the deliveries on time? Any out of territory stops? Were the delivery doors opened at any unscheduled stops?
- PIMM™ RTM manages all of the stages of the delivery process. Dispatch, pre-cooling, staging, first stop in-transit performance, on-time delivery performance, store delivery temps, and so much more. The system provides real-time temp recording, verification and analysis at every delivery stop.
- CONTROL PIMM™ provides bi-directional control of reefers to monitor pre-cooling, staging and in-transit conditions to ensure that the set points and modality settings are properly configured.
To learn more about PIMM™ Fleet Solutions, please visit us at https://procuro.com/fleet-solutions/.