Symptom screening is a way employers can lower the chance of COVID-19 transmission in the workplace. Screening will not identify people not showing symptoms yet, or who may be infected but show no symptoms. Infection prevention in the workplace is important to prevent the spread of COVID19
Who should be screened?
Screen staff and guests who enter the workplace. This does not include customers who a are in a public-facing area (for example, customers at a restaurant or supermarket).
When should a business screen staff and guests?
Screen staff and guests at the start of every shift or visit.
How should a business set up symptom screening?
- If you plan in-person health checks, do them safely and respectfully. Employers may use social distancing, barriers or walls, or personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect the screener. Using PPE alone is not as good as using social distancing, and users need to be trained to use it. It can also be hard to find and should ideally be reserved for medical professionals.
- Give screening information in languages that staff understand.
- Do health checks in a way that helps keep people from crowding, such as offering more than one screening entrance into the building.
- To prevent stigma and discrimination, make staff health screenings as private as you can. Do not judge staff based on race or country of origin.
- Keep medical status and history safe from others. Follow guidance from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for safekeeping of medical records from health checks.
- Keep a record of daily symptom screening results for each employee for at least 28 days.
The Procuro PIMM Health Check APP provides a non-intrusive way of protecting worker safety in work environment in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Global Pandemic.
The process is simple! The user selects the employee’s name on the Procuro PIMM Health Check APP running on any Apple iOS device.
The user will then capture a thermal temperature scan of the employee’s forehead to record their body temperature and log this in our PIMM Health Check APP.
In addition to the temperature check, a secondary health check allows the employee to place a finger in a Bluetooth enabled Oximeter, which will record their blood oxygen levels. A reading under 95% can be a symptom of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
If your business have visitors, you can print your Safe Visitor Pass Label immediatly after checking your visitor’s symptoms!