Have conversations with employees if they express concerns. Some people may be at higher risk of severe illness. This includes older adults (65 years and older) and people of any age with serious underlying medical conditions. By using strategies that help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, you will help protect all employees, including those at higher risk. These strategies include:
- Implementing telework and other social distancing practices
- Actively encouraging employees to stay home when sick
- Providing sick leave
- Promoting handwashing
- Providing supplies and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for cleaning and disinfecting workspaces
- Requiring all employees to wear cloth face coverings
In workplaces where it is not possible to eliminate face-to-face contact (such as retail), consider assigning employees who are at higher risk of severe illness work tasks that allow them to maintain a 6-foot distance from others, if feasible.
Employers should not require employees to provide a note from their healthcare provider when they are sick and instead allow them to inform their supervisors or employee health services when they have conditions that put them at higher risk for diseases.
As more states begin to open up commercial activities, federal agencies and state and local governments are encouraging and, in some places, requiring employers to develop and implement a comprehensive screening and monitoring strategy for employees aimed at preventing the introduction of COVID-19 into the workplace.
The Procuro PIMM Health Check APP provides a non-intrusive way of protecting worker safety in offices, plants, warehouses and retail outlets in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Global Pandemic.
How To Get Started Using The PIMM Health Check application?
- Download the PIMM Health Check App from the Apple APP store
- Contact Procuro to establish a PIMM Health Check account.