FDA is providing a food safety re-opening checklist for previously closed retail food establishments or those that have been open with limited service related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We encourage retail food establishments to partner with local regulatory/health authorities to discuss the specific requirements for their retail food establishment prior to re-opening.
Employee Health / Screening
- Do you have a protocol to check employee health and personal hygiene practices within your food establishment?
- Are you following CDC guidance and practices for employee health checks/screenings?
- Have you checked CDC and local regulatory/health authority guidance for employees returning back to work?
- Is there a plan to monitor and respond to a higher than normal level of absenteeism?
- Is there a plan or policy for, and an adequate supply of, personal protective equipment (PPE) and/or cloth face coverings? Cloth face coverings should only be used if PPE is not required, and changed as needed if worn.
“Best Practices for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments During the COVID-19 Pandemic” was published by the FDA, U.S. Food & Drug Administration on May 1st, 2020.
The Procuro PIMM Health Check APP provides a non-intrusive way of protecting worker safety in offices, plants, warehouses and retail outlets in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Global Pandemic.